Applying Professional ScrumTM (APS) is a hands-on, activity based course in which students experience how Professional Scrum and the Scrum framework improve their ability to deliver value compared to traditional methods. Scrum provides a better way of working that highlights the use of experimentation, incremental delivery of customer value, frequent feedback loops and the fostering of strong team dynamics.
The course provides an active learning environment for students to engage in discussion, team-based exercises, and individual reflection. During the course, students work in Scrum Teams over a series of Sprints to learn Scrum while using Scrum.
In this two day class* students learn to apply Professional Scrum. They experience new, agile ways of working that enable teams to deliver more value, satisfy stakeholders and work better together. Students work together as a team in a series of Sprints to solve complex problems, facing similar challenges that they face outside of class and learning how to use Scrum to address them. These Sprints enable students to see the practical application of Scrum and to understand the value of an Agile mindset. Additionally, these Sprints expose common missteps and misunderstandings often seen while using Scrum, allowing students to develop an awareness of the associated symptoms and how to correct them. Students not only learn Scrum; they learn how to use Scrum well.
This class is taught both publicly and privately. In a public setting individual students, or multiple colleagues from the same company, will join other students and benefit from diverse experiences. Organizations can also contact Professional Scrum Trainers to hold a private class just for their organization.
Course Learning Objectives
- Learn about Agility and how Scrum differs from traditional plan-driven work models
- Develop an Agile mindset by focusing on professionalism, experimentation, and outcomes
- Learn (or relearn) the fundamentals of Scrum and how to apply them correctly
- Develop an understanding of what it is like to use Scrum and if it is right for your team
- Learn how to be a great Scrum Team member, or how to support a great Scrum Team
- Leave the class with ways to identify common pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Students use a set of proven practices throughout the class that can be used to enhance their application of Scrum
- Leave with tools that help Identify first steps in applying Professional Scrum with your team
Take a look at our Course Schedule
See our list of available courses.View Schedule
Need help choosing a course?
Simply fill in the form below and one of our team members will be in touch to give you some advice.
"*" indicates required fields