Scrum Teams flourish when the Scrum Master and Product Owner accountabilities are well fulfilled. The 3-day* Professional Scrum Master and Product Owner (PSMPO) course combines the key learning objectives from both the Scrum.org Professional Scrum Master™ (PSM) and Professional Scrum Product Owner™ (PSPO) courses. Merging PSM and PSPO together enables side-by-side learning in a way that is not possible when Scrum Masters and Product Owners are trained separately. These learners greatly benefit from having a shared understanding for one another and, by blending the content, students avoid duplicate foundational content and have more space to focus on learning together.
This course includes free attempts at both the Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) and Professional Scrum Product Owner I (PSPO I) globally recognized certification exams.
Throughout the class, students will develop and solidify their fundamental Scrum knowledge and have opportunities to expand their way of thinking about what it takes to be part of a self-managing team. They will explore both the inward facing mindset and the outward facing skills needed to deliver value and create impactful customer outcomes on a frequent basis. Accountabilities of the Scrum Master and Product Owner are interwoven with the Scrum values and the pillars of empiricism in a way that challenges students to immediately approach work in new ways following the class. PSMPO is much more than just a set of slides and an instructor. In this course, students engage in hands-on activities and explore real-life cases for how Scrum Masters and Product Owners can be successful.
Course Learning Objectives
- Grow an Agile mindset and build awareness of why values and principles are key to success
- Understand the Scrum framework and how empiricism enables rapid delivery of value
- Build knowledge of how the Scrum Master and Product Owner accountabilities jointly serve the team, customers, and the organization
- Experience techniques for focusing on the customer and delivering incremental value
- Explore approaches for building alignment and execution of the strategy through product vision and product goal
- Learn ways for understanding, delivering and measuring value
- Practice how to manage the product backlog in ways supportive of achieving the product goal
- Create clarity on how release planning builds transparency and helps manage stakeholder expectations
- Solidify the importance of done and discerning what is done and what is undone
- Gain appreciation for the art of working with self-managing teams and building a sustaining capability for solving complex problems
Take a look at our Course Schedule
See our list of available courses.View Schedule
Need help choosing a course?
Simply fill in the form below and one of our team members will be in touch to give you some advice.
"*" indicates required fields