Professional Scrum Master™ (PSM) is an interactive, activity-based course where students gain a strong understanding of Professional Scrum and the role of the Scrum Master. Through a combination of discussion and exercises, students develop a deep understanding of the underlying principles of Scrum and the Agile mindset while learning the practices applied by successful Scrum Teams.
The course also includes a free attempt at the globally recognized Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) certification exam.
In this two day class* students are challenged to explore the Agile and Scrum principles so they can better understand what to do when applying Scrum to support their teams and organizations.
The course, developed by Scrum.org, uses a combination of instructor-led and activity-based learning where students work together in teams. Professional Scrum Trainers (PSTs) bring their own Scrum Master experiences and stories to the class and use their skills as professional trainers to deliver the material using their own unique delivery style. The result is an engaging, enjoyable learning experience where students gain a deep understanding of Scrum theory and principles, the Scrum Master accountabilities and why each element of the Scrum framework is important.
Students leave this course with an appreciation for Professional Scrum, the agile mindset, and how to deal with common myths and impediments to agility. They gain the knowledge and understanding about how to choose and apply the appropriate practices and techniques that will be most beneficial for their Scrum Teams.
View the different Focus Areas covered within this class and others.
Course Learning Objectives
- Help Scrum Teams deliver value to their organization
- Understand the theory and principles behind Scrum and empiricism
- Understand how each part of the Scrum framework ties back to the principles and theory
- Understand uncertainty and complexity in product delivery
- Understand the meaning and importance of the Scrum values
- Learn what Done means and why it is crucial to transparency
- Know how to use the Product Backlog to plan with agility
- Understand the importance of self-managing teams, interpersonal skills needed, and the Scrum Master role
- Clarify the leadership role a Scrum Master plays on the team
- Learn the skills and traits and behavior shifts required to be a Scrum Master
Take a look at our Course Schedule
See our list of available courses.View Schedule
Need help choosing a course?
Simply fill in the form below and one of our team members will be in touch to give you some advice.
"*" indicates required fields