Professional Scrum Product OwnerTM (PSPO) is a hands-on, activity-based course where students explore Professional Scrum and develop an understanding of the critical role that the Product Owner plays on the Scrum Team. Throughout the class, students learn a number of Product Ownership practices that they can use once they leave the classroom while also receiving an introduction to Agile Product Management.
The course also includes a free attempt at the globally recognized Professional Scrum Product Owner I (PSPO I) certification exam.
There are many myths and misconceptions about the role of the Product Owner. The accountabilities of the Product Owner, however, go well beyond managing the Product Backlog and writing User Stories. The Product Owner is pivotal to bridging business strategy and product execution in order to help the Scrum Team create valuable products.
In this two day class* students will develop and solidify their knowledge of the Scrum framework and the accountabilities of being a Product Owner through instruction and team-based exercises. Students learn techniques that they can use to help them overcome the challenges that are often encountered on a day-to-day basis. They will do this while learning better ways to work with the organization, stakeholders, customers and their team to provide greater value in the product being delivered.
Course Learning Objectives
- Increase business agility through the proper execution of the Product Owner role
- Recognize the value of a product over project mindset
- Learn how to bridge business strategy to product execution using Scrum
- Understand that the Product Owner is an Agile Product Manager
- Understand the Scrum Principles and Empiricism
- Understand the Product Owner accountabilities on the Scrum Team
- Learn how to align the team around the business strategy, product vision, Product Goal, and Sprint Goal
- Find ways to effectively communicate the business strategy, product vision, and Product Goal
- Learn techniques for Product Backlog Management, Release Management, and Forecasting
- Identify metrics that can be used to track value creation, and successful product delivery
- Discover techniques to interact with stakeholders, customers, and the members of the Scrum Team
Take a look at our Course Schedule
See our list of available courses.View Schedule
Need help choosing a course?
Simply fill in the form below and one of our team members will be in touch to give you some advice.
"*" indicates required fields